The skin around the eyes is very delicate and thin as compared to other parts of the face. Even a slight change in the hydration, tension or lifestyle and the skin around eyes begins to darken. Dark circles are a common concern for many people. Not only do they make you look older than your actual age, but they also make you look tired and unhealthy. The main causes of dark circles are:
- Improper diet
- Eye strain
- Unprotected sun exposure
- Inadequate sleep
- Health problems
- If you have dark circles and worry that they may stick with you forever, don’t fret.
The following are some of the most effective natural remedies to help you get fresh and bright under eyes.
Ground Coffee and Yogurt Mask
Caffeine is an effective quick fix for dark circles. Applying it topically constricts the blood vessels and stimulates blood circulation. Its anti-inflammatory properties soothe the skin under the eyes. Coffee is rich in antioxidants and helps to fight against free radicals and signs of aging. Yogurt provides a natural form of lactic acid to smooth the under-eye area.
- Mix 1 tablespoons of ground coffee with 3 tablespoons of whole-milk yogurt
- Apply the mixture under the eyes and lie on the couch.
- Relax for 10 minutes and remove it.
- You can use this mask every day for quicker results.
Cucumber, Vitamin E Oil and Aloe Vera Mask
This mask will make the skin under your eyes look fresh and youthful. Cucumbers are loaded with antioxidants that help to reduce puffiness and dark circles. It also contains vitamin K that boosts blood circulation and removes discoloration, helping to get rid of dark circles. They also contain vitamin C which stimulates cellular regeneration and targets environmental toxins. Vitamin E oil provides hydration, increasing elasticity and fights free radical damage that can cause dark circles and wrinkles. Aloe vera has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and stimulates collagen production; all of this works like magic for dark circles.
- Grate half a cucumber and add one teaspoon of fresh aloe vera gel.
- Then, add 5-6 drops of vitamin E.
- Mix all the ingredients to make a paste.
- Apply this mixture under your eyes for 10 minutes and then wipe off.
- This mask can also be used daily for effective and immediate results.
Coconut oil and green tea Mask
The combination of coconut oil and green tea makes it a super hydrating and soothing under-eye mask. Coconut oil is known as a magic oil for its potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and hydrating properties. The fatty acids in it penetrate deep into the skin to provide extra nourishment. It retains moisture and helps to hydrate and brighten the dry, dull skin around the eyes. Lauric acid is antibacterial and anti-fungal, keeping your skin healthy. The lactic acid in coconut oil lightens the skin. Last but not least, vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant to protect the skin from environmental hazards and improves the skin regeneration process. Green tea is loaded with caffeine and tannins which help to shrink blood vessels, reducing puffiness and dark circles.
- Melt one tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Add green tea leaves (from used tea bags) or green tea powder to make a paste.
- Apply under the eyes and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Now wipe it off or rinse with warm water.
- Apply daily for better results.
With these three home remedies, you can try it out during the weekend for that extra self-love boost. Let us know which ones you have tried and which works best for you.